Question Sheet: The algae invasion
Dec 9, 2011 — 7:46 pm EST
- What is algae?
- How could algae be an invader?
- What does it mean to “classify” an organism?
- Why have algae “pestered” scientists for a long time?
- What is one way plants are different from animals?
- What did researchers find out when they looked at the genes of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii?
- What are cyanobacteria and what do they have to do with algae?
- In what way are algae “invading” other organisms now?
- What does the “problem with algae” imply about the way scientists currently classify organisms?
- In what way are all algae alike? Why area algae also so different from each other?
- When did philosophers begin classifying living organisms? Why?
- What is molecular phylogenetics? Why might it be a cool career field?