Questions for ‘Cool Jobs: Video game creators’
1. Do you play video games? Which ones? And why do they interest you — what motivates you to keep playing them?
2. Will playing any of these games — or using other apps or computer programs — change how your brain works?
1. How many people worked on the game Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void?
2. What is a game engine?
3. What is a computer’s memory, and why do game developers have to consider it?
4. Name three different factors that might affect the color of a pixel during a game.
5. What’s the difference between virtual reality and augmented reality?
6. Name a very popular smartphone game that uses augmented reality.
7. Why is sound engineering especially tricky with virtual and augmented reality?
8. What group of people is the game Neuroracer designed to help? What tasks can it help the brain accomplish?
9. What group of people are participating in tests with the game Project: EVO? What skills might it help them with?
10. What is “glass brain” technology?
1. How might video games help people “train” their brains?
2. If you could design an augmented-reality program or game, what would it do? Give details to explain how you would have it function.
3. What evidence does the story offer that playing video games can sometimes help the brain? How strong would you rate the cited evidence? Explain your reasoning.