Questions for ‘Tattoos: The good, the bad and the bumpy’
1. Do you think tattoos are healthy or harmful? Explain your answer.
2. What percentage of young adults do you think have tattoos? Why so many or so few?
1. What makes tattoos permanent?
2. Why doesn’t the immune system break down tattoo ink particles in the skin?
3. What is the difference between inorganic and organic inks?
4. Are tattoos inks approved for use in human skin? Why or not?
5. Which federal agency is testing the health effects of tattoo inks and why?
6. What reactions can people have to tattoo inks?
7. How can tattoos inks interfere with MRIs?
8. What is immunoglobulin A and why have scientists started studying levels of it in people getting tattoos?
9. How can having multiple tattoos affect the immune system’s reaction to getting a new tattoo?
10. How are tattoos removed today? How does that differ from 40 or more years ago?
1. Why do you think so many young adults have tattoos? Would you ever get one? Why or why not?
2. If you were to choose to get a tattoo, what research and preparation would you do ahead of time?